- noun the act or process of leaving someone or something without help
- noun an act of giving up voluntarily something that you own, such as an option or the right to a property
- To surrender the right or claim of interest without specifically transferring it;
- The act of deserting one's obligations under a contract frequently manifested by removing personnel, materials, and equipment from the job site.
- noun the act of giving up either the whole or part of a claim put forward during civil litigation
- noun the act of a parent or guardian leaving a child on their own in circumstances covered by the Children and Young Persons Act 1933