- noun a reduction in a payment, e.g., if a company’s or individual’s total assets are insufficient to cover their debts or legacies
- The encapsulation or removal of building materials containing pollutants (such as lead or asbestos) to prevent the release of or exposure to fibers.
- In lumber industry, the amount of wood lost as waste during the process of sawing or planing.
- noun the legal right to remove or stop a nuisance once a reasonable period of notice has been given to the wrongdoer
- noun the reduction of a legacy when the deceased person has not left enough money to pay it in full
- noun the reduction or removal of a debt when a person has failed to leave enough money to cover a legacy in full.