- verb to stop a process or the development of something before it is finished, or to stop developing
- verb to end a pregnancy in an animal and prevent the birth of young
- verb to give birth before the usual end of a pregnancy
- verb to stop something taking place
- verb to end something before it has finished
- To intentionally terminate a process before it is meant to end.
- To interrupt a process before it is meant to end.
- verb to eject an embryo or fetus, or to cause an embryo or fetus to be ejected, and so end a pregnancy before the fetus is fully developed