- noun a person who accepts a bill of exchange by signing it, thus making a commitment to pay it by a specified date
- In general terms, anything that accepts something.
- A species, such as an atom, molecule, or ion, which accepts one or more electrons from an another species. The donating species is called electron donor. Also called electron acceptor.
- An electron-accepting impurity which is introduced into a crystalline semiconductor. The acceptance of electrons creates holes, which makes for a p-type semiconductor. Also called acceptor impurity or acceptor material.
- noun somebody who accepts an offer