- noun the action of accumulating something
- noun an amount of something built up over time
- noun the process of becoming greater in size or quantity over a period of time
- noun the process of growing larger by being added to, or of getting more and more of something
- noun the collection and increase of something
- The acquisition of an increasing quantity of something. The accumulation of factors, especially capital, is a primary mechanism for economic growth.
- In semiconductors, the buildup of charge carriers.
Information & Library Science
- noun the act of collecting items gained over a period of time