- In communications, a message indicating readiness to receive a transmission, or that a transmission has been received successfully. This message is sent from the receiving unit or station to the sending unit or station as a means of verification. Its abbreviation is ACK. Also called acknowledgement code, acknowledge, or acknowledge character.
- synonymacknowledge character
- noun confirmation that a piece of information has been received and understood
- noun recognition that something is true
- noun thanks for something that has been done
- noun an act of acknowledging something
- noun a special code sent by a receiver to indicate to the transmitter that the message has been correctly received