- adjective involved in an activity or activities, especially in an energetic way
- noun the form of a verb which shows that the subject is doing something
- adjective involving many transactions or activities
- adjective live, in action or use
- adjective busy, working, or being used
- ready for use, as in an available communications channel.
- Currently functioning, as in a satellite transmitting a signal.
- energized, as in a circuit that is powered at the moment.
- Requiring external power to operate, as in a transistor functioning.
- A component or device which operates on an applied electrical signal, as in amplifying, rectifying, or switching.
- adjective having an effect on a patient
- adjective working or ready to work
- adjective relating to night-viewing devices which require an external source of infrared (IR) light in order to operate.