- noun the actions that humans and other living things undertake
- noun the effect that something has
- noun something which is done, especially something which is involved in creating a product or a service
- In critical path method (CPM) scheduling, a task or item of work required to complete a project. Also called task.
- Movement or agitation, such as molecular vibrations in a crystal.
- The level of use, as in the traffic within a network.
- An event which involves accessing or modifying files, such as a save command.
- The intensity of a radioactive source, such as the rate of alpha particle emission of the element curium.
Information & Library Science
- noun a job or task you spend time doing
- noun several different actions or an action which is carried out repeatedly or over a period of time