- noun something added to improve the effectiveness of something else, e.g. a substance added to a pesticide to make it stick to waxy leaves
- noun an agent added to a drug to improve its effectiveness
- Any agent added to another substance to increase its effectiveness.
- A nonpesticidal substance added to a pesticide to enhance its physical or chemical properties.
- adjective referring to treatment by drugs or radiation therapy after surgery for cancer
- noun a substance added to a drug to enhance the effect of the main ingredient