- noun a notice which shows that something is for sale, that a service is offered, that someone wants something, or that a job is vacant
- noun a short film on television or a short announcement on the radio which tries to persuade people to use a product or service
Information & Library Science
- noun a notice giving information that something is for sale, that a job or service is being offered or that somebody wants something
- noun the public promotion of a product or service, in forms such as posters, short television or radio broadcasts and announcements in the press.
- noun a notice which shows that something is offered or wanted, especially that something is for sale or that a job is vacant