- noun the process of putting a gas, especially carbon dioxide or air, into a liquid
- noun the replacement of stagnant soil air with fresh air
- noun the act of putting a gas, especially carbon dioxide or air, into a liquid
Cars & Driving
- The process of introducing air into a substance or area by natural or mechanical means.
- noun the process of adding air or oxygen to a liquid
- the process of deliberately exposing wine to air. During winemaking, oxygen is required as part of the fermentation process to activate the yeast, but too much will result in unwanted oxidation.
- the process of allowing a wine to ‘breathe’ before drinking it. This can help break down and reduce the harsh tannins in a young wine, but can also alter the balance of a fine older wine.