- A method of classifying individual receivables by age groups, according to the time elapsed from the date due.
- A process used to make building materials appear old or ancient.
- The chemical and physical changes in a material incurred by the passage of time. concrete generally increases in strength with age, whereas rubber deteriorates with prolonged oxidation.
- The changes that occur over time in a substance, material, component, device, piece of equipment, or system. Also, changes in certain parameters, performance, or properties due to the passage of time. The level of use and/or the surrounding conditions influence significantly.
- operation of a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system, under controlled conditions for a specified time, to stabilize its characteristics and to screen out failures. For example, the burning-in of an electronic device.
(written as Aging)Aging is commonly cited as one of the main factors underlying ever-growing health care expenditures. The reasons for believing this are, however, not especially obvious and the evidence is virtually non-existent. The evidence is stronger that time to death is an important determinant of health care costs.