• noun jagged edges that appear along diagonal or curved lines displayed on a computer screen caused by the size of each pixel


  • In analog to digital conversion, a form of distortion which arises when the sampling frequency is less than twice the highest frequency component. It would occur, for instance, when a 50 kHz waveform is sampled at any frequency below 100 kHz. An anti-aliasing filter may be used to solve this problem. Also known as foldover (1).
  • The jagged appearance that curved or diagonal lines in computer graphics have when there is not enough resolution to show images realistically. Also called stair-stepping, or jaggies.


  • noun jagged edges on a curved line in an image that appear when it is enlarged