- verb to position something along an axis or line
- verb to add spaces between words in a line to make sure that the line of text fills the whole line and that the column or page has straight sides
- verb to make sure that the characters to be printed are spaced and levelled correctly, either vertically or horizontally
- verb to arrange numbers into a column with all figured lines up against the right hand side (right-aligned) or the left-hand side (left-aligned)
- verb to ensure that a read/write head is correctly positioned over the recording medium
- To arrange, position, or synchronize a component, circuit, or device in a manner that allows for proper or optimal functioning. For example, the positioning of a read/write head.
- To arrange or position a component, circuit, or device in a manner that allows for proper installation. For example, the installation of a memory chip.
Information & Library Science
- verb to place two objects side by side in a line
- verb to give support publicly to a political group or party