- verb to provide something particular for a given purpose
- verb to provide a particular amount from a total sum of money for a particular purpose
- verb to divide a period of time or a piece of work in various ways and share it out between users
- To designate or distribute equipment or resources. For example, to assign of radio frequencies.
- To reserve computer resources for specific purposes. For example, to allocate memory for disk cache.
Information & Library Science
- verb to give a particular amount of money, goods or tasks to somebody for a particular purpose
- verb to share something between several people, or decide officially how something is to be divided between different possibilities
- verb to share out things among various people
- verb to divide something such as a sum of money in various ways, and share it out