- noun the process of providing sums of money for particular purposes, or a sum provided for a purpose
- An assignment of economic resources to uses. Thus, in general equilibrium, an assignment of factors to industries producing goods and services, together with the assignment of resulting final goods and services to consumers, within a country or throughout the world economy.
- The designation or distribution of equipment or resources.
- The reserving of computer resources for specific purposes.
Information & Library Science
- noun the specified amount of something allowed for a particular purpose
- noun the division of a sum of money in various ways
- noun the act of deciding which of three systems of processing (small claims, fast track or multi-track) a case should follow, depending on the monetary value of the claim
- noun the way an amount of something is divided among the various departments of an organisation, or the amount which is received by a particular department