- noun the first working attempt of a computer product
- noun an anticipated performance of a share, compared to the market in general
- noun a rate of return on a unit trust or mutual fund, compared with typical returns for that category of trust.
- noun an item of data that defines the properties of a pixel or part of an image
(written as ALPHA)a 64-bit RISC processor chip developed by digital Equipment Corporation
- The first letter of the greek alphabet, and as such often designates the first constituent of a series.
- The current gain from emitter to collector in a transistor with a common-base configuration.
(written as Alpha)an internationally recognised code word for the letter A, used in radio communications