- noun the act of becoming different or of making something different.
- noun something that has been, or needs, changing
- noun the act of making changes, modifications or adjustments
- Construction within a structure or to its exterior closure that does not change the overall dimensions of the structure. Alteration includes remodeling and retrofitting.
- noun a change made to a legal document such as a will, which usually has the effect of making it invalid
- noun a substantial change made to the fabric or function of a building