- noun the process of examining something in detail
- noun the process of breaking down a substance into its parts in order to study them closely
- noun the record of a bowler’s performance in an innings or match, or sometimes over a longer period such as a Test series or even a whole career
Citation ‘Hadlee topped and tailed the innings with four wickets for 14 runs, bringing the New Zealand fast bowler’s match analysis to eight for 22’
(Cyril Chapman, Guardian
1 May 1984)
- The separation of a whole into its constituent parts for the purpose of study.
- The careful study of an entity or concept from various perspectives in order to gain a fuller understanding. This can lead, for example, to the solutions of problems, or to improvements.
- The reported results of the knowledge obtained through analysis (2) or analysis (3).
- noun an examination of a substance to find out what it is made of