- noun the process of making animated films
- noun the creation of the illusion of movement by displaying a series of slightly different images on screen very rapidly to give the effect of smooth movement.
Information & Library Science
- noun the technique of drawing or photographing successive pictures to create the idea of movement
- noun a cartoon film, a film made from drawings
- noun a moving image created from still objects such as drawings or models that are exposed on film for a few frames at a time, then moved slightly. The process is then repeated many times until an entire sequence has been completed.