- noun a person’s ability to know something without being told
- noun one of a pair of long thin sensors on the heads of insects, crustaceans and some other arthropods
- The receiving component of a radio device like a radio telescope or a satellite communications system. Possibly the largest single antenna is the huge dish at Arecibo in Puerto Rico. But aperture synthesis methods allow far larger antennae to be simulated than can be physically built.
- A device that radiates and/or receives radio waves. The same antenna can usually be used for both transmission and reception. There are many types of antennas, their selection depending on the uses and operating frequencies desired. Also known as aerial.
- noun a metal rod, mast or structure used in the transmission of radio signals.