- noun a method of reducing the effects of jagged edges in graphics by using shades of grey to blend in along edges.
- noun a method of adding sound signals between the sound samples to create a smoother sound
- The avoidance of aliasing through the utilization of an anti-aliasing filter.
- The smoothing of the jagged appearance that curved or diagonal lines in computer graphics have when there is not enough resolution to show images realistically. One such technique involves changing the shades of color of the pixels surrounding the lines so that they blend in better with the background.
- noun a method of ‘smoothing’ digital picture or sound signals, by removing the parts of the signal which are too high frequency to be represented correctly on the available technology and which may therefore create interference
- noun the process of reducing the effects of jagged edges in graphics by using shades of grey to blend in along edges.