- noun the process of putting something on something else
- noun the process or act of applying for something such as a job or place on a course
- noun a piece of computer software that fulfils a particular job.
- noun the act of asking for something, usually in writing, or a document in which someone asks for something, e.g. a job
- noun the act of putting a substance on a surface
- noun the act of using something that you already have, such as an ability or knowledge, in order to do something
- noun the act of putting a substance onto something
- noun the act of using something, e.g. an ability, to carry out a task
Cars & Driving
- noun the use to which something is put
- noun a task which a computer performs or a problem which a computer solves
- A specific use for a device.
- A computer program designed to enable end users to perform specific tasks, such as word processing or communications. Its abbreviation is app. Also called application program.
Information & Library Science
- noun a written request for something
- noun the use of a rule or piece of equipment in a particular situation
- noun the act of asking the court to make an order
- noun the process of putting a medication or bandage on a body part
- noun the process of asking officially for something, usually in writing