- (written as APT)ASEAN Plus Three
- acronym forASEAN Plus Three (written as APT)
- acronym forarbitrage pricing theory (written as APT)
- acronym forasset protection trust (written as APT)
- acronym forautomated pit trading (written as APT)
- acronym forautomatic picture transmission (written as APT)
- noun a set of rooms in a large building, used as a separate living unit.
Origin & History of “apt”
Apt comes from Latin aptus ‘fit, suited’, the past participle of the verb apere ‘fasten’. other English words from this source are adapt, adapt, adept, inept, and (with the Latin prefix com-) couple and copulation. Related words are found in Indo-European languages of the Indian subcontinent: for instance, Sanskrit āpta ‘fit’.