- noun a reason or a set of reasons used to persuade somebody to accept a point of view
- noun an act of discussing something without agreeing
- A value or expression that is passed between functions or programs for processing. This information is used to carry out operations. For instance, in the logarithmic function log (x), the argument is x. Also called parameter (4).
(written as Argument)An independent variable that determines the value of a function. For example, in the function y = a + b x, the independent variable, or argument, is x.
Information & Library Science
- noun a disagreement between two or more people
- noun a set of reasons used to try to convince people
- noun the discussion of something without agreement
- noun a speech giving reasons for something