Cars & Driving
- noun a coil or coils of wire around a metal core in which electric current is induced in a generator, or in which the input current interacts with a magnetic field to produce torque in a motor
- noun a movable part of an electromagnetic device, e.g. the movable iron part of a relay
- The rotating part of a motor or generator consisting of copper wire wound around an iron core.
- The rotating, or moving part, in an electric generator or motor.
- In an electromagnetic device, the moving element. For instance, the moving contact in an electromagnetic relay.