Cars & Driving
- noun the ratio between the height and the width (e.g. of a tyre)
- noun the ratio of the width to the height of pixel shapes
- In any configuration, the ratio of the long dimension to the short dimension.
- The ratio of the width of a duct to its height.
- In a video image, the ratio of the width to the height. For example, in an HDTV, the value is usually 16:9, that is, 1.78:1.
Information & Library Science
- noun the ratio of the width to the height of an illustration, used especially in computer graphics.
- noun the ratio between the width and height of an image on-screen, such as 4:3, which is the usual television screen size, or 16:9, which is wide screen