- noun a particular task given to someone
- noun the process of setting a variable equal to a value or string or character
- A transfer of rights, frequently involving rights arising under a contract.
- With respect to a contract, a document stating that payment for work completed or materials delivered must be made to someone other than the company or person specified in the contract.
Information & Library Science
- noun a task often given as part of a programme of study
- noun a document by which something is assigned
- noun in Scotland, a document such as a deed that effects a legal transfer of rights