- adjective not happening at the same time or rate
- adjective not in frequency or phase
- adjective used to describe serial data or equipment which does not depend on being synchronised with another piece of equipment
- Not synchronous. That is, not occurring at the same time or in equal and fixed intervals. Also called non-synchronous (1).
- Not coordinated, especially as regards to time. Also called non-synchronous (2).
- Having operations that occur only after each previous one is completed.
- In communications, able to be transmitted intermittently rather than in a steady stream.