- noun an act of noting tasks carried out by a computer
- noun the examination of the books and accounts of a company
- noun a detailed examination of something in order to assess it
- noun the process of noting tasks carried out by a computer
- verb to examine the state of a system and check that it is still secure or working properly
- The examination of records, documents, and other evidence for the purpose of determining the propriety of transactions and assessing fiscal compliance with relevant cost and accounting requirements.
- An assessment of the hardware, software, procedures, and records of a computer or system, to determine proper compliance with established parameters and procedures. It may be followed by recommendations for improvement. Used, for instance, to assess data security and to locate problems.
Information & Library Science
- verb to examine something officially to make sure it is correct
- noun a check on figures, scientific data or procedures