- noun a special application that allows you to create multimedia titles. Authoring software lets you design the pages of the multimedia book and place video clips, images, text, and sound on a page.
- Software that facilitates the development of learning and teaching materials with significantly less programming than if a programming language were used, or with no programming at all. May serve, for instance, to create Web sites, or multimedia presentations. Also called authoring programs, or authoring system.
- synonymauthoring programs
- synonymauthoring system
Information & Library Science
- noun software that allows users to add their own text and to link text, pictures and sound within a given framework
- noun a special application for creating multimedia titles. Authoring software is for designing the pages of a multimedia book and placing video clips, images, text and sound on a page.