- noun something such as a prize or a gift of money that is given to someone
- verb to give someone something such as a prize, a degree or diploma, money or a contract to do work
- noun something given by a court, tribunal or other official body, especially when settling a dispute or claim
- verb to decide the amount of money to be given to someone
- A party's formal communication of their acceptance of a bid or proposal for services, construction, materials, or equipment.
- A decision by an arbitration panel in favor of one of the parties in a financial dispute.
Government Securities: Acceptance of a bid in an auction for U.S. Treasury securities or municipal bonds.
Information & Library Science
- noun a sum of money given for a specific purpose
- noun an official recognition of an achievement (e.g. a medal, commendation)
- noun a prize, medal, document or money that is given to somebody to show recognition of something good that he or she has done