- The position of an astronomical object in the horizontal plane, usually measured in degrees clockwise from the north
- The horizontal angle measured clockwise from north to an object.
- The horizontal direction from one object or point to another, measured clockwise in degrees from a reference line. Also called azimuth angle (1), or bearing (1).
- The horizontal direction of a celestial point from a terrestrial point, expressed as the angle from a reference direction. It is usually measured from 0° at the reference direction, and runs clockwise through 360°. Also called azimuth angle (2).
- In a tape deck, the angular relationship between the head gap and the tape path.
- noun a direction in mils or degrees of an object on the ground.