- noun music played for a singer
- noun support, especially financial support
- The bevel applied to the upper edge of a hip rafter.
- Positioning furring onto joists to create a level surface on which to lay floorboards.
- Furring applied to the inside angles of walls or partitions to provide solidcorners for securing wallboard.
- The first coat of plaster on lath.
- The unseen or unfinished inner face of a wall.
- coursed masonry applied over an extrados of an arch.
- interior wall bricks concealed by the facing bricks.
- The wainscoting between a floor and a window.
- The material under the pile or facing of a carpet.
- The stone used for random rubble walls.
Information & Library Science
- noun the accompaniment for a solo musician or singer of popular music