Cars & Driving
- noun the adjustment of incorrect and uneven weight distribution
- Adjusting the mass distribution of a rotor to diminish journal vibrations and control the forces on the bearings from eccentric loading.
- In an HVAC system, adjusting the system to produce the desired level of heating and cooling in each area of a building.
- Equilibration, compensation, or neutralization through the utilization of a circuit, device, component, mechanism, or system.
- In a radio direction finder, improvement of the accuracy of direction indication through the use of a component such as a balancing capacitor.