- noun a large ball which is blown up with air or gas
- noun a very large balloon which rises as the air inside it is heated, sometimes with a container attached for people to travel in
- verb to increase quickly in size or amount
- noun a loan where the last repayment is larger than the others
- noun a large bag inflatable with hot air or gas to provide lift, but without power
- noun a large final payment on a loan, after a number of periodic smaller loans
- noun the rounded space on a cartoon picture where the text of a character’s speech or thoughts is printed.
- noun a bag of light material inflated with air or a gas, used to unblock arteries
- noun a large bag filled with gas to make it rise in the air.
- noun a circle containing the words ‘spoken’ by a character in a cartoon
- noun a boastful or loudmouthed individual, a blowhard or puff-bucket. The term is heard particularly in the Scottish Lowlands and the north of England.
- noun a large round object which is inflated
- noun a brandy glass with a wide body tapering to a narrower mouth