- noun a transformer that matches two circuits which have different impedances
- A device utilized to match the impedances or transmission characteristics of an unbalanced coaxial transmission line or system, and a balanced two-wire line or system, while minimizing attenuation. Used, for instance, for matching a coaxial cable to a twisted pair. Also called balun transformer, balanced converter, balanced-to-unbalanced transformer, balanced-unbalanced transformer, bazooka, or line balance converter.
- synonymbalanced converter
- synonymbalanced-to-unbalanced transformer
- synonymbalanced-unbalanced transformer
- noun a hand-held anti-tank rocket launcher