- noun a person who carries or brings something
- noun a person who owns a legal document such as a cheque
- noun a person who holds a cheque or certificate
- A horizontal member of a scaffold on which the platform rests and which may be supported by ledgers.
- Any load-supporting horizontal structural member.
- Any device that provides support for a landing or window in a stair.
- In balloon framing, the ribbon board on which the joists for the second floor rest.
- noun a wooden or metal bar placed beside metal type to prevent the press from pressing down too hard