- noun sediment in different layers
- noun materials such as straw, shavings or sand, used as litter for animals to lie on
- noun the act of planting out small flower plants into a flower bed
- A prepared base for masonry or concrete.
- The lath or other support(s) on which pipe is laid. See also bed (2.) and (3.).
- noun a layer of material put down under something else, especially to serve as a foundation
- noun the items, e.g. a mattress, sheets and pillows, that are put on a bed so that somebody can sleep in it