- noun the use of statistical techniques on biological data
- Electronic methods of identifying and authenticating a person's identity through the confirmation of his/her physiological or sometimes behavioral characteristics. Techniques include fingerprint matching, iris and retinal scanning, facial recognition, hand geometry matching, voice recognition, and vein matching.
- The statistical study of biological phenomena.
- The measurement and analysis of human biological characteristics, such as fingerprints, voice, or the patterns of ocular blood vessels, for verification of a person's identity.
- noun the study of physical or behavioural characteristics, often used for the purposes of identity authentication