- noun an image whose individual pixels can be controlled by changing the value of its stored bit
- noun a binary representation in which each bit or set of bits corresponds to some object such as an image or font or to some condition
- noun a file format for storing images in which data in the file represents the value of each pixel.
- In a computer memory, data structures composed of rows and columns of bits which serve to represent information. For instance, a bit image is formed by a bitmap, in which case each of the stored bits corresponds to a pixel on the screen. Also spelled bit map. Its abbreviation is BMP.
- noun an image, the data for which is stored in the form of bits