- noun a complete loss of electrical power
- A complete loss of AC power arriving from a power line. Also called power blackout.
- A complete loss of a radio signal, or of radio wave propagation. Also called radio blackout.
Information & Library Science
- noun the withholding of news or information about a subject, especially by official sources
- noun a sudden loss of consciousness
- noun measures designed to ensure that no lights are showing after dark
- noun a day, usually a public holiday, when cheaper fares are not available on flights