General English

General Science

  • noun a thick covering
  • verb to cover something thickly


  • soil or pieces of rock remaining or intentionally placed over a blast area to contain or direct the throw of fragments.
  • insulation sandwiched between sheets of fabric, plaster, or paper facing, used for protecting fresh concrete during curing.

Media Studies

  • noun a rubber or plastic sheet around the cylinder of a printing press, which transfers images in ink to the surface being printed on


  • noun a rubber sheet which goes round the offset cylinder in an offset press and accepts the image to be printed on the paper