- noun a photographic print of a plan which consists of blue lines on a white background or white lines on a blue background
- noun a plan for doing something
- noun a copy of an original set of specifications or design in graphical form
- A negative image reproduction having white lines on a blue background and made either from an original or from a positive intermediate print. Today the term almost always refers to diazo prints, which are architectural or working drawings having blue or black lines on a white background.
Information & Library Science
- noun a photographic copy of construction plans usually printed in white on blue paper
- noun a photographic print of a technical drawing with white lines printed on a blue background, or a similarly produced print with blue lines on a white background, usually used as a reference before and during the building process of an architectural or engineering design.