- noun something which gives extra help or support
- noun a device which increases the force or amount of something
Cars & Driving
- noun an amplifier unit which increases the audio signal level at the loudspeakers, fitted between the radio or stereo unit and the speakers, often mounted in the boot
- Any device that increases the power, force, or pressure produced by a system.
- A device which increases, amplifies, or reinforces.
- An amplifier of weak signals. Also called booster amplifier (1).
- An amplifier which amplifies and retransmits RF signals. Also called booster amplifier (2).
- noun a radio frequency amplifier that strengthens weak television or radio signals
- noun a repeat injection of vaccine given some time after the first injection to maintain the immunising effect