- noun a line or marker that indicates the limits of something
- The border where things meet, or where one thing ends and the other begins. For instance, the border where p and n type semiconductor materials meet.
- A line or set of values which depict the limits which a parameter may reach, such as the modulation envelope of a signal.
- The limit that a parameter may reach, such as the highest frequency of a band.
- noun a line marking the edge of a piece of land owned by someone
- noun a real or imaginary line which marks the limits of a grouping’s area of responsibility
- noun the official line that divides one area of land from another
- noun the outer limit of the playing area of a cricket pitch