- noun a failure of a system or organisation
- noun the separation of a substance into its component parts
- noun an act of stopping working because of mechanical failure
- noun an act of showing details item by item
Cars & Driving
- noun failure of a mechanism or a vehicle
- A term used to define the separation of a project or an estimate into parts.
- A failure to function, or a sudden change resulting in a failure to function.
- A disruptive electrical discharge through an insulator, dielectric, or other material separating circuits. Also called puncture (1).
- A disruptive electrical discharge between the electrodes of an electron tube.
- A substantial and abrupt increase in electric current produced by a small increase in voltage. Also called electric breakdown (1).
- In a semiconductor exposed to an electric field, the cumulative multiplication of free charge carriers. Also called avalanche breakdown.
Information & Library Science
- noun a summary, explanation or analysis of data items collected
- noun a situation in which something such as discussions or negotiations fail or begin to fail
- noun physical and mental collapse
- noun an analysis of an organization
- noun a list that shows e.g. the cost of something item by item