- A method of lateral bracing between joists for stiffness, stability, and load distribution.
- The connecting of two electric circuits in parallel. When it is done in a manner which allows for a part of the signal energy to be withdrawn without affecting the overall operation of the circuit in a significant manner, it is called bridging connection.
- In a selectable switch, the action of the movable contact when it is wide enough to touch two consecutive contacts. In this manner, the circuit is not broken during switching.
- The use of solder to form an electric connection between terminals, wires, or pins. Also called solder bridge.
- The combining of the left and right channels of a stereo audio amplifier to form a monaural channel with considerably more power.