- adjective able to manage large amounts of data quickly
- noun a data transmission system that allows large amounts of data to be transferred very quickly
- operating at, or encompassing a wide range of frequencies.
- Operating at, or encompassing a wider range of frequencies than is ordinarily available.
- communications in which multiple messages or channels are carried simultaneously over the same transmission medium. cable TV, for instance, is broadband, as multiple channels are carried concurrently over a single coaxial cable.
- Communications at a speed of transmission higher than a determined amount. For example, that exceeding 1.544 Mbps.
Information & Library Science
- adjective able to transfer large amounts of data at high speed
- noun a connection to the Internet that allows it to remain connected while still using phone and fax facilities on the same line, since many signals can be transmitted simultaneously