- noun an animal which browses
- noun a piece of software that enables computer users to have access to the Internet and World Wide Web
- A program which enables a computer user to browse, and perform other functions, such as downloading files and exchanging email, through the World Wide Web. This program locates and displays pages from the Web, and provides multimedia content. Most of the time there is interactive content on any given page. To have access to certain features, such as streaming video, specific plug-ins may be necessary, in addition to any hardware requirements. Also called Web browser, or Internet browser.
Information & Library Science
- noun a software program that is used to navigate through World Wide Web pages stored on the Internet.
- noun a software program that allows a user to browse the World Wide Web